Was having this OmniAuth & Facebook: SSL certificate verify error on my Windows machine. It says SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate B: certificate verify failed. And everything is working fine on my Mac, so I got kinda annoyed when the mentioned hacks and workarounds in http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3977303/omniauth-facebook-certificate-verify-failed/5512518#5512518 are not working.

In the end, this is what solved it. https://gist.github.com/867550


Advertisements

Continuing from Omniauth to allow sign in through Facebook, last night I included a client-side authentication that uses Facebook Javascript SDK. Also, I was trying out the Facebook Graph API with Koala gem to fetch data from Facebook and post content through a user. There’s more that can be done to integrate Facebook into the app by using the Open Graph protocol.

How does the Open Graph works?

Any page in your application can be treated as an object in the social graph allowing the user to interact with it. But to do this, you’ll need to add the meta tags in the html page describing it as an object and Facebook will parse this, allowing you to work with it as an object in the Graph API.

Recently, I am back to dabbling around with ruby. I am ok with getting started with a simple application and the basic principles but still trying to get comfortable. Right now, i’m working on using Omniauth and Active Admin next.

But I find it a little hard and tiring to be learning after work and weekends. It’s like I try to spend 1 to 2 hours, sometimes much more learning and reading at night. And I just knocked out on the bed together with lights and laptop still turned on. Haha.

Doing project management in the day and more of a suit, I have hardly touch code. Since school days, I never thought I would code again. But call it quarter-life crisis or what, the mentality has changed last year. Now I am getting more curious and eager to learn, maybe I’m in need to have a sense of achievement.

WHM Transfer doesn’t seem to allow me to copy multiple accounts from a remote server to my web server. SSH connection is working fine and I have both root privileges to both server. It doesn’t seem to accept my root credentials including privileges by su or sudo.

However, I manage to transfer successfully by copying a single account at a time. Weird hah.